We start the week eager to share special flavors with you. Today we will explain a very perfect and simple vegan recipe. How to prepare Tofu Meatballs that will taste like infinite glory.
Surely you are used to meatballs of turkey, meat, chicken, and perhaps even spinach. The meatballs in all their variations are the ideal companion for a delicious pasta dish. But not only that, but they are also delicious with rich mashed potatoes or simply gratin in our oven.
It does not matter how you like to accompany them with meatballs. We intuit that if you are here it is because you are curious to explore new flavors. Tofu meatballs are not very complex, they are simple and they also have a lot of flavors.
Delicious tofu dumplings
It’s all about the love that you put into making it. Of course, how in the kitchen it is always allowed to play with creativity and discipline. Discipline by following a series of simple steps, but creativity to break those that our intuition says is worth risking. Tofu meatballs are a companion for our dish that can also function as a central element. Besides that, it is also an alternative to meat that has a lot of proteins.
As we have explained before, tofu is a product derived from soy. Being so, we can say that it enjoys many of the properties of it. We have already shared recipes with tofu, such as tofu scrambled eggs and we have even told you about smoked tofu. You already know how we like to share and that you are very well informed.
For those of you who do not have time to review other posts, because you are organizing a trip to the Costa Brava or perhaps to the Eiffel Tower, we briefly explain about tofu. The central ingredient in tofu meatballs is derived from 100% vegetable protein. It is a kind of curdled soy milk , whose aesthetic appearance is very similar to that of fresh cheese.
This ingredient has fiber, antioxidants, and phytochemicals that are of great help to our body. It provides us with considerable amounts of calcium, vitamins of group B, E, and minerals such as iron, phosphorus, and potassium. Helping our health to eliminate fluid retention and reducing hypertension.
A POWERFUL RECIPE
Don’t worry, the tofu meatballs don’t demand much of your time. You will have moments to enjoy a good movie or an episode of a television series. We are about to share all the ingredients you need to surprise your guests. So, you must have your paper and pen at hand to write down everything that the tofu dumplings carry. Ready!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOFU MEATBALLS
- 400 grams of tofu.
- Cereal breadcrumbs.
- 1 zucchini.
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil.
- 1/2 onion.
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme.
- 1 cup of pre-cooked cornmeal or oatmeal or rice flour.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 1 cup of mushrooms.
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley.
- Sunflower oil for frying.
- 1 garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
PREPARATION OF TOFU DUMPLINGS
- To begin with the preparation of our tofu meatballs, we will locate a pan. We put a little olive oil on it and put it over medium heat. In parallel, we will chop our onion very fine, almost that they look like grated, garlic and mushrooms, we will place them inside our pan until they are golden brown. We set aside.
- We will wash our tofu, drain it and we will begin to crumble the central ingredient. A good trick is to press it with a strainer to remove any excess water. We will place it in a medium bowl.
- Continuing with our recipe for tofu meatballs, we will take the zucchini and we will pass it through the large part of the grater. We mix it with our tofu, we will add parsley, oregano, onion, mushrooms, and garlic. We will mix it, in parallel, we will place in a small cup about three tablespoons of water with 1 teaspoon of chia seeds, let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Afterward, we add the chia seeds along with the water, the soy sauce, and the pre-cooked cornmeal. The kneading process begins until everything is very well mixed.
- In addition, we will place a plate with cereal breadcrumbs. You must heat the frying oil in a deep pot so that it has a suitable temperature. We will make some balls of 2 cm in diameter and we will go through the breadcrumbs. Then we place our tofu meatballs on a plate until all our balls are made. In the end, we have to add the balls to the frying pot, making sure that the oil is very hot. We will spin them when we see it golden and that’s it. Ready our tofu meatballs.
Well, this question is a very personal one. It depends a lot on how you want to surprise your guests with this healthy recipe. You can do it with some vermicelli, some pasta macaroni and a rich tomato sauce something with a little more Italian flair. Or also, you can prepare a yogurt sauce , with fried potatoes or mashed potatoes. This recipe is perfect for the whole family, especially to share with our vegetarian friends . What will you prepare it with?
This piece of writing posted at this website is in fact nice. vgrmalaysia Arthur 20 August , 15 h 15 min Excellent article.